Duties include a wide range of consulting work -- needs assessments, database design, application design, data development, cartographic mapping, software installation, user training, acceptance testing, rollout support, and technical support, as well as business development, proposal and grant writing.
• B.S. / B.A. in GIS, Geography, Environmental Science, Planning or related discipline with 5 or more years of GIS experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills using Esri’s suite of GIS products.
• Knowledge of applications of GIS within specific domains such as natural resources, agriculture, local and state government, or transportation.
• Knowledge of QA/QC techniques to assess the quality, accuracy and content of spatial databases.
• Proficient knowledge of modeling and analysis using GIS software and datasets.
• Knowledge of programming languages, such as Python, VB.NET or C# is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, a desire to interact with clients and agency staff, and great all-around people skills.
• Good writing skills - for documentation, training, proposals and grants.
• Good organizational skills, ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-pressure, challenging work environment, excellent at problem solving, and ability to think outside of the box.
• Genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning and pushing technical limits / finding new solutions.