GeoSystems Monitor Enterprise
Be pro-active instead of reactive when an issue occurs.
The GeoSystems Monitor is a GIS application monitor, designed to give your GIS Administrator a better understanding of what is going on behind the scenes. By monitoring your GIS Platform and helping you diagnose and correct errors that affect your enterprise performance, the GeoSystems Monitor allows you to make more informed decisions and improve your systems’ performance, efficiency, and usability.
Some of the key functionalities of the GeoSystems Monitor are:
- Real-Time Systems Monitoring
- Instant Text / Email Alerts
- Monitor ArcGIS for Server Services (Secure or Not), Web Maps, SDE Replication and more!
- Track ArcGIS Server Usage and SDE Usage
- Esri License Manager
- Customized User Interface
- Quick and Easy Installation
- Rapidly Pinpoint Issues
GeoSystems Monitor Testimonials
- The GeoSystems Monitor features a web-based user interface, which provides a centralized view of the servers and the monitoring “points” (the individual services, applications, etc. that are monitored within GeoSystems Monitor).
- This interface is configurable, and allows a GIS/IT professional to monitor all aspects of the Enterprise GIS architecture. The architecture of the GeoSystems Monitor has been specifically designed to make it easy to deploy and easy to customize.
- The Editor is designed for modifying existing monitoring points and allows for batch editing.
- Charts and Reports that provide visual summary's of the monitoring information is collected and stored within the GeoSystems Monitor application.
GeoSystems Monitor can monitor an ever-expanding list of GIS services and applications. Custom monitoring points can easily be created with python scripts, as well (for example: monitoring custom geoprocessing services, file transfer speeds, and more)
- ArcGIS for Server Services
- ArcGIS Online Services
- ArcGIS Online Web Maps (includes organization content and external data sources)
- ArcSDE Services
- ArcSDE Layers
- ArcIMS Services
- ArcSDE Usage Monitoring and Usage Statistics Reporting
- ArcGIS Server 10.1+ Usage Monitoring and Usage Statistics Reporting
- Web Applications
- WCS Services
- WFS Services
- WMS Services
- Secure Services
- Oracle Geodatabases
- SQL Server Geodatabases
- Geodatabase Replication
- Windows Services
- Windows WMI Checks
- Rest Services
- RSS Feeds
- Esri®, AutoCAD, FME License Manager
Alerts & Notifications
GeoSystems Monitor provides real-time information on the status of your Enterprise GIS.
The GeoSystems Monitor generates information by monitoring the applications (points) that reside on your servers and elsewhere. When the GeoSystems Monitor detects an issue, an immediate notification is sent to the designated professional via email or text, allowing them to troubleshoot and formulate a resolution. This allows for both increased productivity, improved system uptime and customer satisfaction.
The GeoSystems Monitor provides ArcGIS for Server (AGS) and SDE Usage Statistics. All of these performance metrics can be charted and reported using the GeoSystems Monitor Charts UI.
- SDE Usage Reporting (generated from geodatabase feature datasets, feature classes and tables)
- By user
- By computer
- Server utilization
- Unused layer reporting
- ArcGIS for Server (AGS) Usage Reporting and Performance Monitoring (generated by the GeoSystems Monitor reading the AGS site log for versions 10.1 and greater)
- By user
- By computer
- Service response times
- How often services are used
Charting & Performance
The GeoSystems Monitor Charts and Reports Module provides visual and tabular summarizations of the monitoring information that is collected and stored within the GeoSystems Monitor application databases.
The charting tool is used to generate performance charts of response times, down counts, and slow counts. The reporting tool is used to generate usage reports from SDE and ArcGIS for Server.
The GeoSystems Monitor architecture was specifically designed for ease of deployment and to allow customization to fit your unique monitoring needs. The core architecture elements include:
- Service architecture – GeoSystems Monitor provides real-time monitoring for the growing service-based architecture that is present in today’s GIS.
- Agentless – All monitoring occurs without requiring the installation of agents on monitored servers or services. This provides a monitoring solution that is easy to implement and manage over time.
- Customized monitoring – GeoSystems Monitor includes an extensive library of pre-configured monitoring end points. Custom monitoring scripts can be developed using Python® (the core programming language used in GeoSystems Monitor checks), in addition to other languages to fit unique monitoring needs.
- Flexible interface – GeoSystems Monitor’s dashboard interface is designed to allow user-defined organization with tabbed windows and “containers”, which are user-specified groups of monitoring end points.