VESTRA Resources is seeking candidates for a Senior Regulatory Geologist/Hydrologist with 10 or more years of related experience. This person will support and/or manage projects associated with various public and private sector clients. Projects include a mix of office and fieldwork responsibilities. Work includes modeling, statistical analysis, regulation interface, regulatory application and analysis, drilling oversight, logging soil borings, installing wells/piezometers, report preparation, sampling various media (groundwater, soil, surface water, etc.), documenting activities onsite, and directing subcontractors.
- BS (MS Preferred) in Hydrology, Geology, Hydrogeology or related field.
- Professional license preferred, or capability of registration in the future.
- Knowledge and experience in California regulations associated with investigation, water quality, remediation, and solid waste.
- Working knowledge of Federal environmental regulations
- Experience and interest in the contaminated groundwater investigation and remediation field helpful.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years related experience in environmental consulting, and
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible project management experience, including demonstrated success in preparing project deliverables, managing project schedules and budgets, and communications with clients.
- Proven client management and leadership skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated, strong initiative and work ethic, ability to work independently.
- Must be physically and mentally capable of working in a wide range of physical and environmental conditions (e.g. off trail rugged hiking).
- Ability to lift and move approximately 75 lbs., work in the field, operate a boat and ATV, and operate and calibrate field measurement equipment.
VESTRA has a reputation for developing innovative and cost-effective solutions to address the environmental and engineering needs of our clients. For this reason, the ability to think creatively and follow through on ideas is essential.
VESTRA is located in Northern California, an area ideal for the outdoor enthusiast. The surrounding area offers year-round recreational activities such as boating, skiing, hiking, bicycling, hunting, and fishing. Our community offers excellent schools, affordable housing, and access to cultural events.
VESTRA is an equal-opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. VESTRA intends to employ the best available persons in every position.
Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices), marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Company policy also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having such characteristics. Discrimination can also include failing to reasonably accommodate religious practices or qualified individuals with disabilities where the accommodation does not pose an undue hardship.
The Company is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities.
VESTRA offers competitive pay and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, LTD), 401k plan, and opportunities for training and personal growth. Qualified candidates please send letter of interest, resume, and transcripts to Human Resources via firstname.lastname@example.org; or by mail to VESTRA Resources, Inc., Attn: Human Resources, 5300 Aviation Drive, Redding, CA 96002. Visit the Careers page of our website for more information.